Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Blast from the past

My first nail related post of 2010 is a blast from the past, Urban Decay~Bruise.  Urban Decay used to be this very underground company in Orange County, California.  In the late '90's, I was lucky enough to work at this really cool, alternative salon that carried Urban Decay.  This was before it made its way into a select Nordstroms.  All that they had was nail polish and lip stick, but they quickly expanded to shadows, liners, and eventually to all the fantastic products they have today.  I have used Roach Liquid Liner since 1997 and I seriously will cry if they ever discontinue it.  I was very disapointed when Urban Decay discontinued their nail polish line.  Not necessarily because of the quality, but because of the colors.  Their color range was so edgy and dramatic, not mention the names, like Oil Slick, Gash, Mildew, Plague, Uzi, and Asphyxia-to name a few.  The packaging was simple-ink bottles with brushes.  Urban Decay really pushed the envelope back in the mid to late 90's.

A few months ago, I scored a Bruise on e-bay.  I love this color.  It is a plum-brown with a green duo-chrome sheen to it.  It really looks like a bruise!

Inside with a flash

Thanks for letting me reminice :)

2 comments:

Paige said...

Ooo, what a cool color!

Unknown said...

I really wish UD would bring back the more fun colors like Bruise!