Remember a couple of months ago when lace nails were all the rage? Well, I got all of the stuff to do them and this is how they turned out!
I used black lace from the fabric store and China Glaze~Something Sweet. I love the way the lace looks. I think it is pretty and girly and naughty all at the same time. I love pink and black together and I think this turned out really pretty. However, as much as I love the way it looks, I probably will never do this again. It took forever to cut out the lace so that it would fit each nail just so. Plus, since I used gel as my top coat, I couldn't stand the way it made my nails feel. It also made for some very thick nails.
Here is my step by step to lace nails:
1. Cut lace to the shape of your nail.
2. Paint nails and let them dry completely.
3. Using a brush on glue, brush the glue on top of the painted nail. I did one nail at a time.
4. Place the lace over the nail.
5. Brush one more coat of glue over the lace and press down where the lace may be lifting. I usd an orangewood stick to press the lifting spots. Be careful not glue the orangewood stick to your nail!
6. One you have glued the lace down, seal it. I used gel(2 coats) and a UV light. I don't know how well it would turn out with just top coat.
Next time, I'll try my Konad plate M71, M39, or M70.
What do you guys think?
Nail & Bone Nail Lacquer
12 hours ago