Friday, August 19, 2011

I'm back!



I'm back, did you miss me?  Or I guess I should say did you miss my nails?  Anyways, what a fabulous blog vacation I have had.  My kids and I spent many days at the lake, going to outdoor concerts, swimming, visiting with friends & family, and we even threw a camping trip in there too.  The picture is of Rollins Lake in Colfax, CA.  It is actually the view from outside the bathroom where we camped.  I know that some people don't consider that camping, but that is as primitive as this girly girl gets :)  This week marked the end of my kids summer vacation as school started on Wednesday.     

One of the things I did do on my "blogation" was a little soul searching about Nail'd & Polish'd.  This last year was not what I had hoped it would be for my blog and I have been very discouraged for about the last 6-9 months.  I have felt a tremendous amount of pressure to be one of the first bloggers with this or that collection.  Pressure to not only post daily, but to post entire collections in 1-2 days.  I got resentful of fellow bloggers who where able to devote more hours to their blog than I was.  And the amount of caddyness, pushiness, and down right meanness going on with other bloggers was just getting to be too much.  These are NOT the reasons I started blogging and they are definitely not the reasons why I want to continue blogging.  I have decided that in order to have a great blog, the blogger doesn't have to practically kill herself trying to obtain the newest polish collection or the latest and greatest product.  One doesn't have to have give away after give away in order to recruit new followers.  And most importantly, this is not High School and I am not going to support bloggers that take part in this behavior.  So, I have cleaned up my blog roll, the people I follow on twitter, and I am starting fresh!  I am really excited to get back into a blogging routine and share my love and addiction of nail polish.  Stay tuned... 

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Cindy! I missed your posts, although you popped in from time to time on Twitter and that was great. :)
Amen, sister. Sometimes we need a little time and to step back, you know I completely understand how you feel and I love you.

Polish'd Cindy said...

Awww, thank you! You are the best! I love you too!

Cali369 said...

Welcome back, that looks like a great place to camp. I'm glad you're back and that you have gained some clarity on your blog. I know what you mean about the pressures of blogging and being the first but I know I have to believe there's room for everyone and we should feel free to plough our own furrow, so to speak!