Monday, October 5, 2009

Drug Store Brands~Sinful Colors

Some of my favorite memories are of  "going to town" with my Grandma.  It usually involved lunch, 'Pennys' and either Thriftys or Woolworths.  She would always let me pay for lunch(with her money) and keep the change.  Inevitably, the change was spent on nail polish or lip gloss.  This is why I have decided to devote this week to drug store nail polish, in honor of the woman who started my obsession with nail polish and make up, my Grandma.

First up, Sinful Colors.  This brand is my favorite drug store brand.  They have the best array of colors and they cost $1.99 at my local Walgreens!

Rich In Heart is a gorgeous rich, deep, dark burgundy frost.  Not too frosty, just enough.



Call You Later is a celery green glitter.  Not a big fan of it alone(me & my love/hate relationship with green), I would layer this one over a solid base.




Daddy's Girl is a great purple with fine purple glitter.


These are all 2 coats with a base and top coat.  I am not a fan of 3 coats, but I think Daddys Girl could use another coat to give it a little more depth.

6 comments:

Paige said...

I love Sinful Colors, I need to get Daddy's Girl!!

AllYouDesire said...

I want to try this brand a long time, thanks for the swatches :)

Polish'd Cindy said...

I'm glad you liked it! ~Thanks~

augusta said...

i bought daddy's girl a couple of days ago.i applied four coats to get the bottle color- it is soooooo gawgess. try it with 4 coats, it'll look much better!

Nicole said...

I do love some Sinful Colors, they have such a great variety of styles and color. And they're SO affordable!

Lucy said...

I have all three also. Love this brand. There is such a variety of colors.